Recruitment platforms have really increased online in recent years. The jobs market has been greatly enhanced with these marketing cyber spaces. Employers, HR and Recruitment Agencies benefit from platforms such as LinkedIn. It’s an effective networking arena with many advantages to boost employee careers and their job search. Employers include this in their research when seeking additional information on potential new hires.
LinkedIn provides opportunities to Connect, Collaborate, Create – individuals can connect with a wider network, collaborate with existing and new LikedIn users, and create meaningful network connections! They can also secure new jobs through this social space.
Before setting up a new LinkedIn account, it is important to know the key items to include in your digital space. This is also true if you already have an existing LinkedIn account. The persona profile needs to stand out. The content needs to engage other users, which needs to be updated frequently. There is a great opportunity to widen your social network and find new opportunities.
Top tips to create a great LinkedIn profile in 2022:
- Include a great profile picture
- Create a punchy headline, not just a job title
- Start with a great story in the summary content, make it interesting and check the content for errors
- Expand network connections, using buzzwords, and keywords to optimise SEO
- Bullet-point skills, education, accomplishments and interests with a brief synopsis
- Use relevant hashtags
- Create a spotlight for services offered
- Create a custom profile URL
- Include colleague recommendations
- Background images enhance your LinkedIn profile
- Personality gains the attention of other users
- Include ‘call to actions’ such as an email address. ‘Follow’ buttons to your website work well too
- If unemployed, include “actively seeking work” or “actively searching for new opportunities”
- Don’t slate former employers or colleagues – keep it clean
- Recruiters look at work history so include this important information here
- HR view LinkedIn often, to attract and recruit new employees. Make connections with organisations
- Ask well-known connections to endorse you, not new connections
- Engage and ask questions
- Include LinkedIn Certs in your resume
- Keep your profile active with frequent updates, organic content is great too
Give it 100% and increase your visibility for a greater return on boosting your career, network connections and new collaborations. “Always put your best foot forward, because you never know where your next step may lead you” – Stephan Labossiere.