Tips for Covering Staff Holidays
It is great for managers when staff operations are operating with fluidity as it assists with maintaining consistent productivity, and satisfied clients and customers. At different times of the year, employee holidays can create extra pressure on line managers. With experience they can become resourceful at successfully ensuring that the transition doesn’t disrupt work productivity and the transition is smooth for all concerned.
Here are some tips to help with the process of covering staff holidays:
- Operate a system with employees whereby notice of one month is required to ensure that their position can be temporarily filled while they are out on holidays.
- Sign up with a Recruitment Agency. They are a great resource to recruit temporary staff for the duration and their expertise ensures that the temp is the right match.
- Assign an experienced member of staff for the induction of temp staff. This can have a positive impact on a successful temporary recruitment.
- Monitor the progress on temp staff, frequently.
- Include temp staff in team meetings, including their feedback, and office events.
- Offer incentives to the new recruit, if a similar system is in operation, to ensure fairness in the workplace.
While there are many techniques that can be applied to recruit temp staff, there is an onus on managers to ensure that the transition compliments and supports the operations of existing employees. This is a vital element to ensure success on maintaining a positive workplace and maintain positive productivity on operations.
Call 3Q Perms & Temps Recruitment Agency today on 01 8783335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to chat with a member of our team, to organise a temporary worker today.
#StaffHolidays #RecruitmentAgency #TempStaff #ConsistentProductivity
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!