Thinking About Changing Careers?
Whether you’re a temporary or permanent employee, or simply looking for a career change, changing jobs is increasingly becoming the norm! Active jobseekers face many challenges when searching for new jobs and adapting to the change during the search and transition in their new career.
Key items to consider when planning a career change:
- Start with an action plan, be clear on this from the start and adapt where needed
- Understand your personal brand story – who you are and the job that will provide the ultimate ‘job satisfaction’ feeling
- Assess your skills, qualities, experience and interests. Getting help on this evaluation will help enormously
- List responsibilities and achievements
- Undertake a personal SWOT analysis, to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Explore different career choices, relocation as an option and further training options to advance your career path
- Seek support from family, friends and colleagues. Former employers can also provide positive support
“There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living! – Nelson Mandela
The job market has expanded and increased its presence online. LinkedIn is a useful online platform which provides the opportunity to market organisations by advertising job vacancies in Ireland, and beyond. It is also a useful online platform to market individuals seeking employment. Use these tips to get you off to a flying start on LinkedIn:
- If you’re new to LinkedIn, watch YouTube clips before setting up your account. They offer great tips and insights
- Include key items – experience, education, photo, volunteer work, etc.
- Network with other LinkedIn users – expand your connection-circle
- Regularly share interesting content, which fits your interests
- Refer other LinkedIn users
- Remember to keep your profile professional, always!
- Recruitment companies and HR departments take your LinkedIn profile seriously, and research the platform when seeking additional information on potential employees
- Commit to keeping the profile fresh and updated, with relevant and timely content, to give you a stronger online presence
Changing careers is easier than you think! Positive benefits include meeting new people, learning new skills, embracing a new sense of purpose and exploring new beginnings, which can all be exciting and so worth the change.
Still considering a career move? Call us today, on 01 8783335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to chat with a member of our vibrant team, to explore your options and new opportunities.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!