As we grow on our journey in life, we begin to realise that exploration, self-discovery and learning are an integral part of the process of living. “Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.” – Sandra Carey. We learn that making mistakes is also part of the journey. They teach us valuable lessons which can propel us into a new direction, one that we never imagined or thought possible. Life’s experiences teach us what we like and don’t like. From this we have better insight to recognise what works best for us at this time.
When beginning a new career, it can be hard to find our feet. We may even feel like we don’t belong or that we haven’t made the right decision. It is only with hindsight that we are wise enough to know if it was the right choice. Either way, we can learn from it. We can also learn from others that we met along the process, if we are open to it. There is no wasted opportunity, only opportunities to learn and self-develop.
Here are some tips to help with starting the exploration:
- Recall a time in the past that was similar to this new one. Identify valuable insights that can be applied into this new situation.
- Leave plenty of room for mistakes, there is valuable learning here.
- Be open to learning from others. They can be useful guides and teachers along the way that were part of our journey.
- Make it a practice each week or month to learn something new. Keep the explorer within alive and life exciting. Try something different and outside our comfort zone.
- Sign up with a Recruitment Agency. 3Q Perms & Temps Recruitment Agency is a great source of knowledge to help with exploring options and opportunities, phone: 01 8763335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is only when we trust the process, and ourselves, that we begin to realise where the best options lie ahead of us. It’s as if each step is illuminated with a little more clarity certainty than yesterday held. “The greatest wisdom is knowing that we know very little. when we adopt this perspective, we open our hearts and minds to learn and be inspired” – Ashish Godara. #Wisdom #Explore #NewCareer #Learn